Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vanilla Goat Milk Fudge

I got this recipe from a book called "Goats Produce Too!". Since we raise and milk goats, and my DS brother can't handle cow dairy, goat milk is what we use for everything. But, you may be able to use regular store-bought cow milk, I don't know, just experiment. The recipe said to beat it by hand, but I beat it with an electric mixer. I used a 9x12 pan instead of an 8x8, because it's a lot of fudge.

Vanilla Goat Milk Fudge
3 c sugar
1/2 c light corn syrup
1 1/2 c goat milk
1/2 c butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)

Combine sugar, corn syrup, and milk in a large saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently until it reaches the soft ball stage. Stir often to keep it from sticking. When ready remove from heat. Add vanilla, butter, and nuts if desired. Beat by hand until thick. Pour into buttered 8 x 8 inch pan. Cool and cut.





31 for 21 Blog Challenge!


1 comment:

  1. So thankful to have this recipe for goat milk fudge. Thanks for sharing and may the Lord bless you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!