Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chocolate Raisin Cake-like Bars

This was like chocolate cake with a little tweak. I adjusted the recipe ingredients to what I had on hand. My family liked them! I think I'm going to double the recipe next time . . .

Chocolate Raisin Bars
Ingredients
1/2 cup margarine (I used lard)
1 packet milk chocolate-flavored hot cocoa mix (I used a couple tablespoons cocoa powder)
1/4 cup granulated sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup GF flour (I used white rice flour, potato starch and oat flour, plus a little xanthan gum)
1/2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup raisins
2 ounces unsalted shelled roasted peanuts, chopped (I chopped my own, and used 3 Tablespoons)

Preheat oven to 350F.
Spray an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
In medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat together margarine, cocoa mix, and sugar until combined; beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition until well blended.
Beat in vanilla.
Add flour, baking powder, and salt and beat until blended; fold in raisins and peanuts.
Pour batter into sprayed pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes (until a cake tester [or toothpick], inserted in center, comes out clean).
Remove cake to wire rack and let cool.
To serve, cut cake in half and cut each half into 6 equal bars.




31 for 21 Blog Challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!