Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake

Yes, it's true . . . no fancy ingredients, and it tastes great. I didn't really expect it to turn out, because I made a lot of substitutions, and used a different shape pan. But . . .  My family liked it, and the only problem was that there was not enough :). I'll probably double the recipe next time. We don't have a Vita-Mix, but I used our food processor. I only processed the mixture in the food processor for about 1 minute total (I timed it).

I got the recipe from - http://www.elanaspantry.com/flourless-chocolate-banana-cake/.

Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake (Gluten Free)
3 large eggs, separated
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt (I used just plain salt)
½ cup agave nectar (I used packed brown sugar)
¼ cup grapeseed oil (I used vegetable oil)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
½ cup cocoa powder (I used dark)
  1. In a Vita-Mix (or other high powered blender), whip egg yolks, agave and salt on medium for 1-2 minutes
  2. Add grapeseed oil and mashed banana and blend for another minute or two
  3. Blend in cocoa powder
  4. In a bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks
  5. Gently fold contents of Vita-Mix into bowl with egg whites
  6. Grease a 9-inch springform pan (I used a 8" square) and pour batter into pan
  7. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes


These pictures aren't that great, because I used a camera that isn't as good as our Nikon (because it isn't working properly), therefore the pics aren't that good.






31 for 21 Blog Challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!