Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gingersnap Cookies

Well, one of my last 31 for 21 posts . . . 

I haven't made these for some time, but they were really good and were gone when I took them to a mother's day party once. For more pictures of the cookies, see a post I did on my other blog.

This is a recipe I tweaked from allrecipes.com.




Gingersnap Cookies (Gluten-free)
4 c brown rice flour (you could also use white rice or some other acceptable flour)
2 t xantham gum
2 T ginger powder
4 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon
1 t salt
1 1/2 cups lard (or shortening or butter)
2 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c molasses
cinnamon sugar to roll the cookie balls in

Mix first 6 ingredients together. Mix the rest (minus the cinnamon sugar) and then add to dry mix. Roll into balls, roll in cinnamon sugar and flatten with your hand a little bit. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. They should be brown with cracks on the tops.






31 for 21 Blog Challenge!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!