Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fruit Oat Bars (No flour)

Just a simple recipe and easy snack. I only had about 1 1/4 cups banana, so I just used that and they turned out great. I got this recipe from a yahoo group called Cookie_Recipes.

Fruit Bars

Ingredients
3/4 cup butter, softened (I used shortening)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
4 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried apricots

1. Beat the butter (or shortening) and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until light and 
fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add the egg. Beat until blended. 
Stir in the oats, bananas, salt and cinnamon. Add the pecans, raisins, 
and apricots and mix well.
2. Spoon the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 
45 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 2-inch bars.





31 for 21 Blog Challenge!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!