Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flourless Rice Cookies

These are made with cooked rice, and no flour. The recipe used brown rice, but I used white rice (yeah, I think that will make a little difference). You were suppose to add chocolate chips, but I didn't put these in because I just wanted to try them and see how they were.

They weren't anything fantastic, but they were eaten up fast and my big brother liked them (he thought they were oatmeal cookies). But, the downfall to this recipe is that you bake the cookies for a half hour (I know, that's a long time, isn't it?), then let them sit in the oven for another half hour after turning off the oven. Although, I thought about just taking them out right after they baked, instead of letting them sit in the oven. The recipe is from - http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/archive/index.php/t-1606.html

Brown Rice Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups cooked brown rice (I used white)
1/4 cup arrowroot (I didn't use this)
1/3 cup honey (I used brown sugar + a bit of milk)
1/3 stewed dates or raisins (I didn't use these either)
1/4 cup oil (I used vegetable oil)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda

Put all in the food processor and whip well. When it looks like mush, add chocolate chips. These turn out to be a fairly chewy cookie that have almost a snack bar consistency. Bake at 300F for 1/2 hour and then let them sit in the oven for another half hour just to dry them out a bit more.


Here's a few pics to show what my "dough" looked like


Sorry that I don't have any pics of the finished cookies :(.


21 for 31 Blog Challenge



2 comments:

  1. SPENT AGES LOOKING FOR A RECIPE FOR COELIAC FRIEND THEN FOUND YOUR EXCELLENT ONE MANY THANKS SHARON ESSEX UK XX

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!