Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lemon-Cornmeal Dippers

I made these once and they were good. I used corn flour (not cornstarch) instead of the regular flour. They would probably be good with rice flour too. I used no lemon peel and a few tablespoons of lemon juice. I also didn't put the chocolate on them. They were gone pretty fast anyway.

I got the original recipe from a yahoo group I joined called "Cookie_Recipes".




Lemon-Cornmeal Dippers (Gluten-free)

Prep: 30 min Bake: 20 min Makes: 36
Total Cost: $2.08

These make great dunkers with coffee, hot cocoa or milk.

2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted

1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl with electric mixer until
fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon peel and juice until blended. On low speed, beat in
flour and cornmeal.
3. Shape heaping tablespoons dough into 4- to 5-inch ropes, about 1/2 inch
thick. Form "S" shapes and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.
5. Scrape melted chocolate into corner of a sandwich-size ziptop bag. Snip tip
off corner; drizzle zigzag design on cookies.









31 for 21 Blog Challenge!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!