Monday, October 4, 2010

Flourless Oatmeal Cookies

I took a oatmeal bar recipe, and just dropped them on cookie sheets rather then baking in the pan. For the tablespoon of flour, I used oat flour. Since, we didn't have the pecans or cranberries, I just made them plain. I don't remember how long the cookies took to bake, but I'm guessing about 10 or so minutes - but just watch them. The recipe is from - http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/recipes/600#ixzz0rzDHZfLL.




Bars or Oatmeal Cookies 
Ingredients
1 egg
1 egg white
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup oats
2/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped 
1/4 cup pecans, chopped 
1 tablespoon oat flour

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread oats on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. If making bars line an 8-by-11-inch pan with foil and grease it, or if making cookies, grease a cookie sheet.
3. In a large bowl, whisk egg, egg white, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract. Stir in toasted oats (it doesn't matter if they are still warm), dried cranberries, pecans and flour.
4. For bars, spread in prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool; cut into bars with a lightly oiled knife. 
5. For cookies, drop on the greased cookie sheets and bake until golden brown. Cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.






31 for 21 Blog Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Delicious!

    What do you think of the Daily Green recipes in general?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, because I haven't looked around much on there! :-). I just found that recipe through google.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!