Friday, October 22, 2010

Corn Syrup Substitute

Here is a recipe someone sent on one of the yahoo groups I joined. I haven't made it yet, but I don't need to because none of our friends or family has a corn allergy (that we have found yet). Although, I might make it sometime if I run out of corn syrup.

Here it is anyway.


Corn Syrup Substitute
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
  • dash of salt
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a heavy, large pan. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and put a cover on for 3 minutes to get sugar crystals off the sides of the pan. Uncover and cook until it reaches soft ball stage. Stir often.
Cool syrup and store in a covered container at room temperature. It will keep 2 months. Yield: almost 2 cups. For dark corn syrup add 1/4 cup molasses to the above recipe.



31 for 21 Blog Challenge!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!