Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Simple Hard Candy

I got this recipe out of my book called "The Complete Wilton Book of Candy". It was a recipe for lollipops, but I didn't have molds or sticks, so I poured it on a cookie sheet, and cut it with scissors. This is a good simple recipe for hard candy. I made it 4 times in one day, and made mint flavor, vanilla, lemon and almond (see pics below). I made these for the Tulsa Buddy Walk.

The recipe below I adjusted the directions to how you can just cut it.

Simple Hard Candy
Make sure the pan you use for cooking is of no more than one to two-quart capacity - this is a small recipe.

1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup hot water
1/3 cup light corn syrup
liquid food color
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp extract

Before you begin, Sift confectioners' (powdered) sugar liberally over a marble slab or a large cookie sheet.

1. Combine sugar, hot water and corn syrup in a heavy one- or two-quart saucepan. Place on high heat and stir until all sugar crystals are dissolved. Clip on candy thermometer. Continue cooking, without stirring until thermometer registers 300 F (149 C), then remove from heat. Entire cooking process takes about nine minutes.

2. Add flavoring and food color and stir to blend. Pour onto prepared slab or sheet. Let cool until cool enough to handle, then cut into pieces with scissors (start at the edges).


Lemon

Vanilla

Mint

Almond

A different recipe of hard candy



31 for 21 Blog Challenge



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!