Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cinnamon Swirls

Well, we were in town all day again . . . late.....going to bed.


I just wanted a simple and quick recipe for something like cinnamon rolls. And, this is what I came up with. I messed around with the recipe GF Buttery Cinnamon Cake. I made a glaze of powdered sugar and milk. For flavoring for the glaze, I once used cinnamon, once almond, and one time vanilla. I didn't measure anything in the glaze except the extract.


These are quick to make (probably about 45 minutes to an hour), soft and yummy, everyone really likes them.






Cinnamon Swirls (Gluten-free)
From what I remember, this makes about 15.

2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 TBLS baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups sugar
4 eggs
2/3 cup milk
about 1 TBLS lard, softened in the microwave
Cinnamon sugar


Glaze
powdered (confectioners') sugar
milk
1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp almond extract, or cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease about two 9 x 13" cake pans.

2. Mix all ingredients together.

3. Drop the mixture from two spoons about 1 inch apart onto the greased pans.

4. Spread a little of the lard on top of each one from the back of a spoon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the lard on the buns. With a spoon, swirl in the cinnamon sugar.

5. Bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes, or until done (you can test with a fork or toothpick), and a little brown. Remove from oven.

6. Mix all glaze ingredients together, adding more milk if too thick or adding more powdered sugar if too thin. Pour over buns, or pour over them later, if desired. Store in a container or plastic bag in the refrigerator.




Go to my other blog to see more pics.



Have a good night!
~ Hanunyah

31 for 21 Blog Challenge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!