Sunday, October 31, 2010

Last 31 for 21 Post: Peanut Butter Dreams (cookies made with oat flour)

Well, today is the last day of 21 for 31. For more info on the challenge and the 201 people who did it, go here - http://unringingthebell.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/09/4th-annual-31-for-21-blog-challenge.html


My oldest sister yesterday asked all of us what we like or are thankful for about Osiyyah. She did a post about it here - http://gotdownsyndrome.blogspot.com/2010/10/31-for-21-other-kids.html.


    On the kitchen note, here is the recipe for today - Peanut butter cookies that are made with only oat flour. I haven't made these yet, but a friend made these some time back and I tried one and they were good. She just gave me the recipe, so here it is. It is from The Quaker Oat Wholegrain Cookbook.



Peanut Butter Dreams (Gluten-free)
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¼ cups Ground Oat Flour
2 teaspoons soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped peanuts

Beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars; blend in eggs and vanilla. Add combined dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in nuts; chill dough about 1 hour. Shape to form 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten with fork dipped in sugar to form crisscross pattern. Bake in preheated moderate oven (350 F.) about 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Makes about 4 ½ dozen cookies.
VARIATION: Substitute vegetable shortening for butter; omit chilling dough.

~ Hanunyah

31 for 21 Blog Challenge!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!