Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cooked Frosting

This simple and easy frosting is cooked, cooled and then beat. There's no powdered sugar (aka confectioners', icing or 10x sugar) in this frosting. I made it today along with Basic Cupcakes, and Flourless Peanut Butter Cupcakes. I added the cocoa powder to make it chocolate.

I found this here - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjuEVTcMaPSjF0vpUcK5e_l36xR.;_ylv=3?qid=20080227114317AABxbfm

This frosting keeps in the refrigerator, but it does set. Just take it out and put it in the microwave for a few seconds, then stir and microwave until spreadable.

Frosting (with no powdered sugar)
1 c. white sugar
1/4 c. butter (I used lard)
1/4 c. milk

1 tsp. vanilla

Stir together in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for 1 full minute; remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Place pot in a bowl of cold water, and let it cool about less than a minute. Remove from bowl of water and beat with a spoon until thick enough.

Chocolate Frosting:
Add 1 tablespoon cocoa to sugar.

Brown Sugar Frosting:

1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar




31 for 21 Blog Challenge!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!