Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Buttermilk Lemon Pie

This turned out pretty good, But when I went to turn the oven down after the 10 minutes it was suppose to be at 400, It was at about 500 or 550 degrees F! So, the top got a little burt, but it turned out fine anyway. I found out as I was going to put this in the oven that we had no nutmeg. So I just used cinnamon sugar instead of the nutmeg.

The recipe is from



Buttermilk Lemon Pie
Ingredients
Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
4 eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
  • In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt.
  • In a large bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
  • Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.




31 for 21 Blog Challenge!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!