Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving


There are many things to be thankful for. During this day of giving of thanks, let us not forget to . . . give thanks. We are so blessed, there are countless "things to be thankful for". Just a few that come to mind for me are: living in a free country (though it may not seem very free anymore, it really is. Just look at North Korea) - namely Oklahoma, living on a ranch with animals that produce food for us, a warm house ready for winter, helpful and hard-working brothers, my little brother that doesn't cease to make us laugh, being one of seven sisters . . . the list goes on, but I am very thankful for my large family and the ranch God has given us in OK, teaching me to fear God, be responsible, and be thankful for the little things that happen everyday - Such as my little brother that has DS, he puts a smile on our faces when he waves from the balcony in the morning when he gets up, or my other brother who is always excited when there is some kind of kitchen flop awaiting him.

Have a happy, thankful Thanksgiving! We are hoping to have Thanksgiving here at our house this year . . . with the neighbors, family and friends. That way it is easy to control what food is brought - it is hard when we go to other people's houses, because my little brother is very sensitive to cow dairy - even a drop of butter on his hand and he'll break out in a rash . . . let alone if he eats any. It is scary - he has choking episodes (where he can't breath) that he could very well die of. That's what I mean by scary. It is that bad.

Anyway, here are some recipes that would be great for your Thanksgiving meal. I hope to post about our thanksgiving day in the next few days. Have a happy allergen-free Thanksgiving!
Sorry these recipes are somewhat jumbled . . . I need to go. For more recipes, you may go to my Recipe Archives.

Fudge Brownies
Maple Walnut Bars
Cinnamon Swirls
Apple Muffins
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Pumpkin Roll
Sweet Potato Cake
Mashed Potato Fudge
Lollipop/Suckers
Black Gold Cookies (you gotta include something chocolate, right? These are AWESOME!)
Gingersnap Cookies
Molasses Cookies
Pumpkin Cookies
PumpkinSnap Cookies
Banana (or fruit) Ice-Cream (isn't ice-cream welcome?)
Layer Bars (like Seven Layer Bars!)
Oatmeal Cookies 2
Apple Pie, Mock
Fudge Pie
Bread Pudding
Pumpkin Buckle
Pumpkin Pudding
Pumpkin, Zucchini or Apple Bread
Autumn Pumpkin Spice Fudge


Remember to always be thankful . . . 
~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!