Thursday, November 10, 2011

White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins


Red, tart berries (aka cranberries) and white chocolate chips are often added to muffins. It is a great combo - tart cranberries and creamy chips. This is my version, the base muffin batter being the hidden, weird potato version I created of late.

I know these are not very good pictures, I was missing the sun (it was raining).

Cranberries and white chocolate chips may be added to your favorite basic muffin or cupcake recipe also. That way you wouldn't have to try a new recipe, if you're not feeling adventurous at the moment ;).

Anyway, these went very fast. I guess they were good! Although, I only used 1/2 cup of chips, and one of my sisters informed me that they really could use more. So I think 1 cup would be good. (Mom's added note - I don't like cranberries . . . too tart for this ole mouth!! :o )


White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins (Gluten-free, Dairy-free if safe chips are used)
Hanunyah Creation

2 cups baked potato, mashed
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons each: baking soda, cream of tartar
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
2 1/2 cups oat flour
1/4 cup water
1 cup fresh cranberries*
1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pans**.

2. Beat the potato, oil, eggs and sugar until creamy, making sure there are no potato chunks. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.

3. Spoon into prepared muffin pans about 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until medium-brown on the top or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Notes:
*You may use dried cranberries.
**This recipe makes about 18 muffins.


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!