Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cinnamon Custard

I snuck outside before it was devoured . . . 

Last month was busy, both on the blog and ranch, but here is November. Welcome this new month with a sweet, rich custard. Warm cinnamon and the sweetness of vanilla travels throughout this easy custard with a interesting, chewy "crust". The sugar caramelizes, so be sure to soak the pan before washing.


This was a hit here (especially with my brother who probably would have eaten the whole thing).

Cinnamon Custard (Gluten, Dairy and Corn-free)
Adapted from AllRecipes.com

Crust (optional):
3 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons oat or other gluten-free flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons oil

Custard:
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons oat or other gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups milk

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). In a 8 inch baking dish combine all of the crust ingredients. Press down into the pan.

2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add the beaten egg, oil, and vanilla. Mix well and add the milk. Pour over the crust mixture.

3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for about 25 minutes more.

Fall lamb
and don't forget the kids ;).


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!