Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 for 21: Apple Muffins


Here is a great fruit muffin/bread recipe - soft, moist and they stay together without gums (because we ran out of guar gum :) ).

Apple Muffins (Gluten-free, Cow Dairy-free, Corn-free, Gum-free)
Adapted from AllRecipes.com


2 cups rice flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup goat milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup oil
1 cup apple, peeled, cored and chopped



1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.

2. Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and oil. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chopped apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!