Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 for 21: Caramel Apple Bars

Our week looks like it's going to be crazy . . . We went to a soccer game today - we lost 2-3. From what I heard we'll be in the playoffs.


This was a interesting creation of mine . . . melt sugar and add to the bar dough. (The sugar hardens and if you don't do it right, you'll end up in a mess). Then bake for . . . I don't know how long - I put it in the oven and forgot about it. I don't know who pulled it out of the oven, but it didn't burn.

How did it taste? Well, there was none left the day after!

Are you going to be brave and try it?!?

Caramel Apple Bars (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Hanunyah Creation/Adapted from 


1 egg
1 cup rice flour
1 cup apples, peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup sugar

1. Combine the egg, flour and apples. Set aside.

2. Melt the sugar over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour over in the middle of the apple mixture. Working quickly, stir to combine and spread in the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 (?) minutes, or until medium brown.


~ Hanunyah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!