Wednesday, October 5, 2011

31 for 21: Pumpkin Pudding

I'm lining up some of my fall recipes to post in the next few days . . . here's what has been happening -

Monday we found my brother's pig with 10 little orange, black-spotted piglets . . . 


Today we found a guinea hen nest with new chicks!


Anyway . . .
    Back in the kitchen - Here's a great easy fall recipe. There were some pumpkins on sale when we were in town the other day, so we picked some out and boiled them today. I had made this last year, but never posted. This recipe was originally for a no-bake pie, so it could be made either way - as pudding or pour into a baked pie shell.



Pumpkin Pudding (Gluten-free, Cow Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from Cooks.com

2 1/2 cups pumpkin, cooked and pureed
2 cups goat milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons rice flour or arrowroot powder
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ginger

Combine all ingredients in heady duty pan, consistently stirring. Bring to a boil over medium heat until thickened. Serve warm or cold.






~ Hanunyah
Gluten-Free Wednesdays




2 comments:

  1. mmmmm! sounds delish! glad i stopped by the link party!

    ~Michelle @ http://michellebelanger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin pudding sounds great. I might try it with almond or coconut milk. Thanks for participating in Gluten-Free Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!