Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 for 21: Caramel Pudding


My sister, Suriyah made this the other day, and it was very good! It is an interesting recipe, though (but not hard to make).

Myy brother with Down Syndrome, likes pudding! When I told him I made some when he came home from town today, he was excited. He had some cut up bananas in his.



Caramel Pudding (Gluten-free, Cow Dairy-free, Corn-free)

Adapted from My Recipes



2 cups goat milk
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (or cornstarch, if not corn-free)
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup sugar (brown or white)
2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)

1. In a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup milk, starch, and egg yolk until well blended.

2. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir sugar until melted and deep amber, about 4 minutes. (DO NOT add liquid. It will melt on it's own). Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups milk; mixture will bubble and sugar will harden. Stir until sugar melts again, about 2 minutes.

3. Whisk about 1/2 cup of the caramelized sugar mixture into cornstarch mixture, then return all to pan. Stir over medium-high heat until pudding thickens and begins to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into bowls and serve warm. Or let cool, chill airtight up to 2 days, and serve cold.




~ Hanunyah



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!