Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 for 21: Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coffee Cake

The last couple days have been interesting.

Last night was a night of tough decisions, tears and excitement. Emergency. Farm. C-section. You can read the whole story over at my sister Suriyah's blog - Farm C-Section. And of course, I had the camera, so you can click over to my blog for a lot of pictures of that.

~~
Back to the recipe - I made this quite a while ago, and it was very good. I'll try to make it again sometime soon to take a few pictures for this (and to make sure it works again).

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Gluten, Dairy and Corn-free)
Adapted from Southern Living, December 2006

2 cups rice flour
2 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup lard
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)


1. Stir together flour and brown sugar in a large bowl. Cut 3/4 cup lard into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Press 2 3/4 cups crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan.

2. Stir together milk, vinegar, egg, and soda; add to remaining crumb mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour over crumb crust in pan. Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle cinnamon mixture and pecans evenly over milk mixture.

3. Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.


~ Hanunyah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!