Sunday, October 23, 2011

31 for 21: Apple Cobbler


When one of my brothers tasted some apple cobbler somebody else made a few days ago, he said I should make some. So I got a recipe, changed it A LOT, and . . . . .




Apple Cobbler
Adapted from Land O'Lakes


4 apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon each: baking soda, cream of tartar
1/3 cup oil


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place sliced apples in a 8x8-inch baking pan. Stir together 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over apples. 

2. Combine remaining cinnamon, flour, sugar, eggs, soda, cream of tartar and oil in large bowl. Drop over apples. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned and apples are tender.



Notes:
This is a small recipe because we only had a few apples, but I'd probably double it if I make it again.




~ Hanunyah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!