Monday, December 13, 2010

Sweet Potato Cake

This was pretty good - mild flavor, not too sweet. We frosted it with buttercream. We doubled it and put it in a 9x13" pan.

Sweet Potato Cake (Gluten-free)
Gluten-Free Goddess


1 c sweet potato, precooked
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c gluten-free flour
1/2 c chopped almonds
1/8 c coconut flakes
1/2 c oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 eggs, separated

1. Precook the sweet potato until soft, then drain and peel.

2. In a food processor, beat in all the ingredients except for the
egg white. Beat the egg white separately until stiff. Fold the egg white into the cake mixture.
3. Place the mixture into a deep 8” cake pan lined with baking
parchment. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours. Cool in pan before turning out and removing parchment















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!