Friday, December 3, 2010

Creamy Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

I thought I already posted this recipe here, but I guess not - 

Well, on this one made up my own recipe. The original recipe had 8 oz Cool Whip, and we didn't have it (and my little brother can't have it). So, I replaced 1 cup milk, and added 1/4 cup corn syrup (because it "prevents the formation of ice crystals in frozen desserts"). I used 1/3 cup homemade goat cream cheese that one of my sisters made. The batter was very thin and looked like it wouldn't turn out, but I had hope because I knew I was going to freeze it. It does melt if you leave it out of the freezer long enough, but not very fast. The results were great. Sooooooo good!


       Anyway, I have now made this several times now, and it's always a hit.


Creamy Frozen Peanut Butter Pie





1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3  cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup corn syrup (I use light corn syrup)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pie crust, baked

Mix peanut butter, sugar and cream cheese. Add corn syrup and mix. Slowly add milk until smooth. The batter will be very thin. Pour into baked crust and freeze until set. May be served with chocolate pieces.


Creamy Frozen Peanut Butter Pie, 
made with Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie crust, with peanuts on top










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!