Friday, December 31, 2010

Monkey Bars

Bars are really easy, quick, yummy, and they freeze good. So, I've been making bars to stock the freezer with goodies, and I made mostly only bars for the New Year's party tonight.

This recipe is easy and it makes a big pan of yummy bars.





Monkey Bars (Gluten-free, Corn-free, Dairy-free)
Adapted from http://www.womansday.com/


  • 1 2/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5 bananas)
  • 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup milk (or milk substitute - you could use water, I used goat milk)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 3/4 cups rice flour
  • 1 cup chocolate chips




    1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Line a 15 x 10 x 1/2-in. baking pan with nonstick foil (let the foil extend about 2 in. above pan at both ends).2. Whisk mashed bananas, sugar, oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until mixed thoroughly. Whisk in flour just until blended; gently stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.3. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.4. Holding foil by ends, lift from pan onto a cutting board. Carefully cut lengthwise in 4 strips and then cut each strip in 10; remove foil.


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!