Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies 1

Pumpkin cookies . . . most recipes for them make cake-like cookies, and these ones were, but I am looking to try a few other recipes. But, all of them that were left out were devoured, and my dad really liked them. I did, though, add a little extra spices (cinnamon and nutmeg) and iced them with a chocolate glaze (instead of the penuche icing that was with the cookie recipe).

Pumpkin Cookies (Gluten-free)
Adapted from Allrecipes




  • 1 cup shortening (or lard or 1/2 shortening or lard and 1/2 oil)
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups gluten-free flour
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)




  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts. Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool on wire racks.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!