Friday, March 4, 2011

Pumpkin Roll

This is something that I have wanted to try for awhile, but I wasn't sure how well it would stay together. So I tried it the other day (because it only uses 3/4 cup of flour, and we didn't have much flour at the time) and it actually turned out good. After making the first one, I decided to make another one, because I knew 1 roll wouldn't go very far. They both were almost gone that night.


Pumpkin Roll (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from AllRecipes.com



  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1 recipe Fluffy Frosting (you could halve the recipe, because I only needed about half of that recipe for 1 roll)

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). 

  • In a mixing bowl, beat all ingredients exept the Fluffy Frosting togetherGrease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan; line with waxed paper or foil. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts if desired.

  • Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn out onto a towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.



~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!