Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quick & Easy Microwave Pudding

This is really easy - just mix it up, and microwave (stirring every couple minutes), until it thickens. This recipe may be halved or doubled (if doubling it, make sure to use a big bowl). And, if you halve or double it, make sure you halve or double the time, too.

Quick and Easy Microwave Pudding (Gluten-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from AllRecipes.com.





  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (if you want vanilla pudding, omit cocoa)
  • 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (if you're not corn-free, you may use 3 
    • tablespoons corn starch)
  • 2 cups milk (you may be able to use non-dairy milk)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract





    1. In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Whisk in milk a little at a time so the mixture does not have any dry lumps.




      1. Place in the microwave, and cook for 3 minutes on high. Stir, then cook at 1 minute intervals, stirring between cooking times for 2 to 4 minutes, or until shiny and thick. Stir in vanilla.







    1. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming, and chill in the refrigerator.


    ~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!