Monday, March 14, 2011

Microwave Cake

Here's another recipe that I've had for awhile, just haven't posted it until now.

This may be halfed, it makes a lot.

Microwave Cake (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free, Egg-free)


1/2 cup gluten-free flour (rice)
1/4 teaspoon guar gum
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (if you want a vanilla cake, omit cocoa)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon water (if not dairy-free, you may use milk)
1 teaspoon oil

Mix all ingredients well. Spray a microwave-safe bowl or cup with cooking spray, and pour the batter into the cup.
      Microwave at full power for 1 minute. Depending on the strength of your microwave and shape of you cup, you may need to cook the cake longer in 15 second increments until done. As long as you don't overcook it, it won't turn rubbery. The cake will puff up, so don't fill a very small container - it needs some room to rise.


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!