Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fluffy White Frosting

This is a fluffy frosting made with egg whites, sugar, water, cream of tartar and vanilla. I used our big stand mixer to beat it. I have made it a few times and used it to top brownies, or dip cookies or fresh strawberries in. It is a recipe I found in a Desserts cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens, and it was suppose to be made for a white layer cake.

Fluffy White Frosting
1 cup white granulated sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, water, and cream of tartar. Cook and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is bubbly.

2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the 2 egg whites and the vanilla. Very slowly add the sugar mixture to the egg white mixture, beating constantly with an electric mixer on high speed about 7 minutes or until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Store in the refrigerator.




~ Hanunyah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!