Monday, September 6, 2010

White Lime Fudge

This was different, but actually pretty good. If I make it again, then I'll probably make it without the nuts.

This recipe has 3/4 cup milk, so don't use too small of a pan.

White Lime Fudge
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup milk
grated lime peel of one lime
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in sugar and milk until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Cover and boil one minute to dissolve sugar off sides of pan. Set candy thermometer in pan and cook syrup gently without stirring to 236F. Cool to 110F about 45 minutes. Stir in lime peel and pecans. Beat vigorously until mixture just starts to lose its gloss. Pour immediately into well greased 8 by 8 by 2 inch pan. Cool and cut into squares.

Yield: about 1 pound










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!