Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 for 21: Instant "Yogurt" - Kitchen Science Experiment


What happens when you add lime or lemon juice to milk? Go try it and find out! Oh, never mind. I did it, and I can tell you. I'm not even sure how I found this out . . . one of my weird creations I guess. Many times when somebody asks me what I'm making, I'm like, "ummmm . . . I'm not sure". (Just incase you were wondering - yeah, I'm from California, and the accent hasn't quite worn off).


Anyway, back to the creation: Put about 2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice in a small bowl. (I always use fresh - just cut the citrus in half and squeeze it out). Slowly pour about 3/4 cup of milk to the bowl, using a spoon to slowly mix. (Again, I use fresh, raw goat milk). Cool! It's not like spoonable thick, but it gets fairly thick. Add pumpkin puree (yeah, I use fresh), cinnamon and raisins and eat! I found that the pumpkin takes away the little tart flavor that the lime or lemon leaves.

Fear God, be happy and have a goodnight!

~ Hanunyah

31 for 21 is a blog challenge to raise Down Syndrome awareness 1 blog at a time. The challenge is to blog everyday the whole month of October (31 days) to raise awareness for Down Syndrome (aka Trisomy 21). This is the 6th Annual 31 for 21 Challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!