Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ricotta Cookies

These were a big hit today. I baked about 1/2 the batch, and put them on a plate on the table, and they disappeared!




Ricotta Cookies (Gluten-free, Cow Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from: Better Homes and Gardens Dessert Cookbook


2 cups sugar
1 cup lard
2 teaspoons extract (I used lemon)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups rice flour
2 cups goat ricotta cheese
cream cheese, for frosting (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the sugar and lard. Add the eggs and flavoring, and beat until creamy. Add the salt, baking soda and half of the flour. Add the remaining flour and the ricotta.

2. Drop the dough by tablespoons on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!