Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fruit & Carrot Spice Cake


This is why I named this blog what I did. This cake is a creation . . . . fruit, carrots and spices, topped with a cream cheese frosting, flax and poppyseeds seeds. After I baked it, I realized that I forgot to put sugar in it! It really doesn't need it anyway, with 3 cups of fruit.
    Since there are only a few things that aren't GAPS-legal in it I might make it again using almond flour.

Not everybody tasted this yet, but those who did liked it.


Fruit and Carrot Spice Cake (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free, Sugar-free)
Hanunyah Creation

2 1/2 cups carrots, boiled and pureed*
3 cups fruit, pureed**
1/2 cup flaked coconut
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup lard
4 eggs
3 cups rice flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together the carrots, fruit, coconut, spices, extracts, lard and eggs. Add the flour and baking soda. Pour the vinegar over the baking soda. Beat well.

2. Pour into two greased 11 inch round baking pans, and bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Notes:
*For the carrots - I used about 5 carrots. Cut both ends off of the carrots, and cut into thirds. Put in a pot and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat. Boil until you can stick a fork all the way through. Strain and puree the carrots in the food processor. You may need to add some water to get it going.
**For the 3 cups fruit - I used 1 large apple, 1 large peach, 1 banana and 2 plums. I peeled the fruit, but I'm sure you could leave the skin on. Cut into chunks and puree in the food processor.

This was easy to make, and these were the only dishes I used (below).


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!