Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chocolate Mint Cake

This was a hit! My sisters and brothers have been "begging" me to make it again!


Chocolate Mint Cake (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

Cake:

  • 3 cups gluten-free flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/3 cup baking cocoa
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk (or water, I used goat)
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon safe vanilla extract

Frosting and Filling:
Mint frosting
Chocolate glaze

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil, water and vanilla. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour into 2 round pans. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

2. Fill and frost the top with mint frosting, and lightly glaze with chocolate.


~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!