Sunday, April 17, 2011

Banana Bread with Crunchy Oat Streusel Topping

This was good, especially since it has an extra kick with pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger). I made them in mini loaves and froze some.



Banana Bread with Crunchy Oat Streusel Topping (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from AllRecipes.com


Topping:

  • 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons) lard
  • 1/4 cup rice flour
  • 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons) packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup quick cooking oats

Bread:
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup lard or oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups rice flour
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional, I didn't use them)

  • 1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches.

  • To make the streusel topping, mix all ingredients in a bowl until crumbly. Set aside.

  • 2. Cream the sugar and butter together in a bowl, and stir in the eggs. Add the bananas, water, and vanilla extract, and stir until the mixture is well blended. Beat in the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, and nuts, if desired.

  • Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle the tops with the streusel topping.

  • 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the loaves have risen and the topping is browned. Let the banana bread cool in the pans for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.

Now, I have a picture, but since I need to post more I figured I should just put this up real quick, because the picture is on the other computer.

~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!