Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

I made these for the first time on Tuesday, and they were a hit! I was in the kitchen for 7 hours that day!! Obviously, I made a lot more than just these brownies :). I made some other recipes I haven't posted yet, so I'll post those later, Lord willing.



This recipe was given to me from some magazine (I changed the recipe a lot when I made it, though).

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free)


1 cup oil
1 cup cocoa (I used 3/4 cup dark cocoa)

2 cups sugar (I used brown sugar for about 1/2 of it)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (we didn't have any, so I just omitted it)

1 1/3 cup GF flour (I used rice)
1 teaspoon guar gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 9x13" baking pan. Dust with rice flour.

Beat together oil, cocoa, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, guar gum, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt until well combined.
       Pour batter into prepared pan. Dollop peanut butter onto top of batter. Gently swirl peanut butter into batter with a knife or spatula. Bake 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean. If batter remains on knife, continue baking in 3 minute increments until done. Let cool completely before slicing into squares.

~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!