Sunday, August 15, 2010

French Canadian Sugar Pie

When I made this, I only had about 1/2 cup brown sugar, so I used that and for the other 1/2 cup I used white sugar. It wasn't anything spectacular, but I might make it again using just packed brown sugar. I didn't use the top crust..



French Canadian Sugar Pie (Gluten-free)
* 1 Tbsp. margarine
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 Tbsp. gluten-free flour
* 1 cup milk
* pinch of salt
* 2 gluten-free unbaked 8 inch pie crusts

Mix margarine and brown sugar. Add egg. Sift flour with salt and to the
sugar mixture; stirring to incorporate thoroughly. Add milk. Mix until
smooth.

Pour in bottom crust and set top crust in place, crimping edges and cutting
a 1/2 inch hole in middle of top crust. 

Bake in preheated oven 325 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until set. Remove
and allow to completely cool on wire rack. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!