Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 for 21: Amaretti Peach Cookies

Update - October 5, 2011: I don't know what happened . . . I guess I tweaked out and posted 2 posts on the second of the month, but nothing on the third . . . sorry.

We went to a soccer game today - we won 3-2. It was a very exciting game . . . 

 Anyway, here is a recipe for some sweet, chewy, peach-almond bars.


Amaretti Peach Cookies (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free, Gum-free)
Adapted from Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup lard
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons almond extract
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups rice flour
1 or 2 peaches, peeled, seeded and finely chopped


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream the lard with sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and extract. Add cream of tartar, soda, salt and flour. Mix in the peaches. 

Drop dough by tablespoons on a greased cookie sheet OR, spread on a greased cookie sheet. For cookies, bake 7-9 minutes or JUST UNTIL edges are light brown (unless you want crunchy, hard cookies). (The cookies WILL NOT look completely cooked when you pull them out of the oven). For bars, bake about 10 minutes or so, until the top is light to medium brown. Let cookies cool on a wire baking rack on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes. This will allow cookies to retain their shape for eating.




~ Hanunyah



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!