Wednesday, October 26, 2011

31 for 21: Ginger Anise Cake


Spicy, interesting. My mom and one of my sisters told me it was really good.

Just something to do with fresh anise . . . Oh, and it doesn't have rice flour, since the 150 pounds (what?) we had are almost gone....... :-o

I made an Anise Vanilla syrup to go over it, but I used lard in it - ruined it. Well, not really ruined but it made small chunks of lard once it got cold. I've included the recipe with out the lard below.

Ginger Anise Cake (Gluten, Dairy, Corn-free)
Hanunyah Creation


1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon each: baking soda and cream of tartar
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water (I used the water that boiled the anise)
1/2 cup anise, boiled and pureed


Glaze (optional):
1/4 cup anise
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla


1. Combine all cake ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a greased square or round 8 inch baking pan.

2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

3. For the frosting: combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, cool and pour on cake.


~ Hanunyah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!