Sunday, October 30, 2011

31 for 21: Brown Sugar Spice Granola



Since being gone all day @ soccer, and not being sure what to post, I whipped this up for a couple of my siblings (who wanted granola anyway). Why not post it here?

This is a quick, nice and crunchy granola with caramelized brown sugar and spices.

~ Maybe something a bit more exciting tomorrow ;).

Brown Sugar Spice Granola
Hanunyah Creation

3 cups oats*
2 cups dried fruits and nuts (optional)
1/4 cup brown sugar**
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
2/3 cup raisins (If we don't have any on hand I make it without)


Combine al
l ingredients except raisins; mix well. Cook in ungreased 11x7-inch baking dish (or any large glass bowl, etc.) in microwave oven at HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring between 1 minute intervals of cooking; stir in raisins.
Conventional Oven Directions:

Combine all ingredients except raisins in ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan; mix well. Bake in preheated moderate oven (350 F.) 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally; stir in raisins. Cool thoroughly; store in tightly covered container in cool dry place or in refrigerator.

Notes:
*Be sure to use gluten-free oats.
**You may find that 1/4 cup of brown sugar is too sweet. Cut back as desired.



~ Hanunyah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!