Friday, October 28, 2011

31 for 21: Disguised {Carrot} Fudge Brownies

Gooey carrot brownies standing in the morning sunshine in front of the sheep awaiting breakfast.

It's pretty common to use apple sauce instead of oil, but who would think to use carrots in brownies?

I boiled and pureed carrots and used them for most of the oil in brownies. Although most of the pan is gone the morning after I made them, most of my siblings still don't know that the brownies were made with carrots. They didn't even question it. So..........I guess they just taste like brownies! They're pretty fudge-y, too, although crumbly because made with oat flour and no gums.


~ Another great way to hide veggies ;).

Disguised {Carrot} Fudge Brownies (Gluten, Dairy, Corn-free)
Hanunyah Creation (Adapted from my brain)


3/4 cup carrots, boiled and pureed
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup cocoa, dark*
1 1/2 cups sugar**
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup gluten-free flour***
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.

2. Beat the carrots, oil, eggs, cocoa, sugar and vanilla. Add the flour and soda. Mix well.

3. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

Notes:
*Dark cocoa worked well for me, but you may use other cocoa. If you use regular cocoa, you may need to use 3/4 to 1 cup instead of 1/2 cup.
**I used 1/2 cup brown, 1 cup white sugar.
***I used oat flour, but you may use your favorite gluten-free flour or flour blend.


~ Hanunyah


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!