Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 for 21: Baked Oatmeal


Something we've made for years, baked oatmeal is a quick, delicious treat that is often made around here. It is great for breakfast or snack (or dinner!).


Baked Oatmeal (Gluten, Cow Dairy and Corn-free)



3 cups oats

1 teaspoon each: baking soda, cream of tartar*
1 cup brown or white sugar
1 cup goat milk
1/2 cup oil
1 egg

Mix all together and bake in a 8x8 inch pan at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown on top. (baking time depends on size and shape of pan used).

Notes:
*Or 2 teaspoons baking powder for the baking soda and cream of tartar.
If gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free oats.
We usually double or quadruple this recipe.




~ Hanunyah

Link Parties:
Gluten-Free Wednesdays @ The Gluten-Free Homemaker
Home and Family Friday @ Home is Where My Story Begins
Food on Friday @ Carole's Chatter




2 comments:

  1. Hannunyah, thanks very much for stopping by and linking in with Food on friday. I am blown away by all the different breakfast dishes - over 100 now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thanks for hosting! Congrats on the good party!

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!