Monday, July 25, 2011

Fruit Cobbler Cake

The other day I made some GAPS fruit cobbler (I'll post later, Lord willing), so I experimented more and made up this non-GAPS cake. I used 2 apples, 1 peach and 1 banana, but it needed more fruit to be called a cobbler. The cake part was fluffy and there was a lot of it, so, as I said before, this is more of a cake than a fruit cobbler. Anyway, it was eaten up and got good reviews.


Fruit Cobbler Cake (Gluten-free, Cow Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Created by Hanunyah


fruit (I used 2 apples, 1 peach and 1 banana)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup lard
1 tablespoon maple (or vanilla) extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk


Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Slice fruit into the pan.


In a large bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, sugar and flour. Add the lard and mix together with the flour mixture with 2 forks, until it looks like crumbs. Add the extract, eggs and milk, and mix well (don't over beat).


Pour over the fruit in the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes (?), until baked through.




~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!