We just made these tonight and they are really good! Nice and fluffy and taste like a pancake. The other peanut butter squash pancake recipe I posted here were okay, but not like these. We didn't make the syrup, but I'm sure it would be good!
Light and Fluffy Pancakes (GAPS legal)
From: Internal Bliss
1 cup cooked squash, pureed
1 cup nut butter (we used a few Tbls of peanut butter)
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
Dash of spice (cloves, nutmeg, and any other "pumpkin pie" type spice)
Ghee or other cooking fat
For the syrup:
1/4 cup honey
1/2 lemon, juiced
vanilla extract (optional)
1. Separate the eggs, putting the whites into one large bowl and the yolks into a separate large bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the egg yolks and mix together.
3. Beat the whites until soft peaks form, and then fold them into the yolk mixture.
4. Fry in fat using a griddle or in a skillet on medium to low heat, as they can burn easily.
5. To make the syrup, combine the syrup ingredients in a saucepan and warm until the honey is soft enough to stir in.
*When cold, these pancakes work well to make sandwiches.