Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lemon Bundt Cake

Ok, my new thing is Bundt cakes - because they can fit in a gallon ziplock bag to freeze (there is about 5 in the freezer already :-) ). The only downfall is that for my family we need a least 2 cakes for everyone to get a decent portion.

This recipe is one of my family's favorite Bundt cakes.

Lemon Bundt Cake (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from The Gluten-Free Homemaker.


Cake:




1 1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp. lemon extract





2 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp. guar gum (or xanthan gum)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup water (or milk)

Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 to 3 Tablespoons lemon juice

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, oil and eggs.  Add the lemon extract and mix. Add the flour, guar gum, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, lemon juice, and water. Mix well, but don't over beat because the cake will sink.

Pour the batter into a well greased or sprayed bundt pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes or until it tests done.  Cool in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes.  Make sure the edges of the cake are loose, then turn it onto a rack to finish cooling.  

In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice, adding enough lemon juice until it reaches the right consistency.  Spoon over the cooled cake.




~ Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!