This is THE BEST fudge I have tasted!! It was sooo yummy, creamy, and dreamy. This is definately a hit - I was told it tasted like a Dreamsicle.
I created this recipe from a different fudge recipe - Peppermint Chocolate Fudge. I had the idea to use white chocolate or white almond bark instead of chocolate chips, and use some orange extract that I had on hand instead of peppermint extract. So I tried it, and as said earlier the results were great!
Oranges 'N' Cream Fudge
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbs. margarine (or lard, shortening, etc.)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups (9 ounces) white almond bark, chopped (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. orange extract
- graded orange peel (optional)
- Line a 8-inch square baking pan with foil.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, milk, margarine, and salt. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes (until soft ball stage). Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows, almond bark, vanilla extract, and orange extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; cool for 1 minute. Top with the orange peel, pressing in slightly. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.