Saturday, January 8, 2011

Carob Cake

This cake was really good - it was gone the same day I made it.


Carob Cake (Gluten-free, Corn-free)
Adapted from The El Molino Cookbook


2 cups rice flour
1 cup carob powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, lard, oil, or shortening
2 cup brown sugar, packed
4 eggs
1 cup buttermilk or milk
2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.

In a large bowl, stir together with a fork (to break up lumps) the flour, carob powder, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.

Place in prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!