Sunday, January 9, 2011

No-bake Chocolate Cookie Bars

Here's a no-bake bar recipe I found. The original recipe used graham cracker crumbs, but I used flour, sugar, and molasses in place of the crumbs.

No-bake Chocolate Cookie Bars (Gluten-free, Corn-free, Dairy-free)
Adapted from http://www.foodaphilia.com/


For the crust:
1/2 cup lard or shortening
1 1/2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate (4 1/2 tablespoons cocoa and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil)
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1 cup chopped nuts (I'm sure you could make without)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

about 1 or 2 tablespoons or so molasses or honey

Line a 9X9 glass dish with non-stick foil or regular foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and chocolate together over low heat.

When the chocolate and butter are completely melted, add the flour, nuts, sugar, water, and vanilla, and molasses and stir to coat. Press this mixture into the prepared pan and stick it in the fridge to cool.

For the frosting layer:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablesppons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate, melted.

Cream butter and sugar, add vanilla and milk and mix thoroughly. Spread the frosting evenly over the chilled crust. Melt the baking chocolate and transfer to a pastry bag or ziploc bag. Cut a tiny hole in the bottom corner of the bag and drizzle the melted chocolate over the frosting in a decorative manner.

Chill the bar until the chocolate is set. Use the foil to remove the bars from the pan, place on a cutting board and use a sharp knife or a pizza wheel to cut the cookie into 16 squares. 
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I like hearing from you!

new design + name

As of 1-3-12: I've re-named my blog name (which used to be "Hanunyah's Sweet Creations") to "Ranch Girl's Sweets 'N' Treats". "Sweet Creations" is a pretty common name, so I figured I'd change it to something a little different ;). My URL is still the same, though.

Also, a big thanks goes to my older sister (@ CountryGirlWebDesign.com) who has re-designed my blog and fixed-up all of the HTML. So, I hope you enjoy the new layout!